With 2020 nearly at a close, we’ve rounded up our top picks to start the new year fighting fit. From at home workout with Bulldog Online Yoga, to braving the cold waters in Cornwall and hiking in Montenegro, there is something for those wanting to hit the ground running this year (even if they choose to do so in the spa).
Find your flow with Bulldog Online Yoga
Bulldog Online is revitalising the fitness journey this New Year. Every year is the same, the ‘New-Year-New-Mes’ flock to the gyms, saturating every classes on offer. This year there is no need to fight the crowds with Bulldog Yoga helping budding yogis shake off 2020 and work up a sweat in the comfort of your own home. With the seal of approval from Gwyneth Paltrow, who has credited her impressive physique to online yoga streaming platform Bulldog Yoga,this is perfect antidote to the January blues.
The membership runs on a monthly, no contract basis and is just $12.99 (£10.45) per month.
Carlisle Bay Launches a Series of Integrative Health Retreats
Carlisle Bay, a luxury resort looking out over white sand, palm trees and turquoise water, with a backdrop of emerald green rainforest. Sophisticated and contemporary in style, this laid-back Caribbean resort has launched a series of individualised health retreats, including:
- Initial Health Consultation
- Daily Sunrise and Sunset Meditation
- Morning Vinyasa Flow Practice
- Evening Gentle & Restorative Yoga with Pranayama
- 2 x Holistic Therapies (Physiotherapy / Acupuncture /Massage / Reiki)
- Stunning Walks in Nature
Being on retreat is the perfect opportunity to immerse into nature as well as reflect on our own internal landscape and tuning in to the chakras provides the perfect gateway to restore inner harmony and balance. The living philosophy of yoga will be experienced through embodiment and reﬂection. The morning practices will oﬀer more dynamic practices to invigorate for the day, whereas the afternoons will be reserved for slower ﬂow, restorative practice, meditation and yoga nidra.
Retreats will start from 23 – 30 January 2021 and run on selected dates throughout the year. Integrative Health Retreats will start from US$ 4,300 (approx.. £3,218) per person for a 7-night stay in an Ocean Suite on an all-inclusive basis.
St Michaels Resort Launches Wild Sea Swimming Retreats
St Michaels Resort in Falmouth is diving into 2021 with a new series of ‘Wild Sea Swimming Retreats’ – embracing the numerous mental and physical health benefits associated with cold water swimming including boosting your immune system, reducing stress and improving circulation. In partnership with Swim Lab, each retreat will be led by swim guru and expert coach Salim Ahmed, spanning Friday to Sunday.
Retreats will run from 14 – 16 May, 16 – 18 July and 1 – 3 October 2021. Cold Water Swimming retreats with St Michaels Resort will start from £445 per person based on bed & breakfast basis in a Classic King room and will include a 3-course dinner at The Brasserie on the Bay on the first night.
Get Active in Montenegro with Regent
For globetrotters wanting to immerse themselves in the extraordinary destination of Montenegro, but not to leave their fitness regimes at home, we suggest the new Active Montenegro package from Regent Porto Montenegro which includes:
- Outdoor guided organic fitness sessions, with stunning views of Boka Bay, at the luxurious new Porto Montenegro Yacht Club Beach
- Guided hiking from Krstac to Kotor offering spectacular views of the bay and coast followed by picnic (healthy picnic basket provided) at a picturesque location
- A scenic biking session along the UNESCO protected Kotor bay road dotted with old stone villages
- Complimentary sports activities and use of sports equipment including swimming, running, yoga mat, stand up paddle boards and bicycles – available on request
- Rest and regenerate with a Contrast Bathing session, a combination of cold and hot water to aid muscle soreness, at the award-winning Regent Spa and use of the hammam, sauna and ice shower
The Active Montenegro package starts from *€399 per person, for three-nights based on double occupancy and includes activities listed inclusive of a healthy picnic basket, return transfers to hiking and cycling locations, accommodation in a Deluxe Room, access to the Regent Spa, daily breakfast and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Feel Good Escape at La Reserve Geneva
With stunning views of the Alps on the shores of Lake Geneva sits La Réserve Geneva Hotel & Spa. A fully-fledged luxury resort set in 10 acres of beautiful parkland, it is perfectly suited for spa-goers and those who want a relaxing escape.
Home to the world’s first Spa Nescens, a destination medi-spa, guests can receive advice and treatments from a team of therapists, coaches and medical specialists with expertise in the reams of better-ageing. From daily treatments to week-long retreats, Spa Nescens offers an array of experiences for couples and groups to reconnect and recharge their physical, emotional and mental health, at their own pace.
The Feel Good Escape programme from Spa Nescens at La Réserve Geneva isa 3-day escape from the daily routine and a chance for guests to let go and freely enjoy the exceptional environment around them. Whether solo, as a couple or with friends, it is a chance to reconnect and recharge guests’ physical, mental and emotional batteries at their own pace. A balance of health, fitness and relaxation, the programme includes:
- Signature spa treatments including a 90-minute massage and 60-minute facial
- Two two-hour yoga sessions
- A sunrise walk or snowshoe trail with a mountain guide with a meditation session at the peak of the mountain
- A two-hour fitness session with a personal coach
The Feel Good Escape programme starts from 1,690 CHF (approx. £1,390) per person for two nights, excluding lunches and dinners.
Experience the very best in spa from around the world at Cottonmill
Situated just 20-minutes from Kings Cross but a world away, Cottonmill Spa features a selection of the world’s best spa experiences and treatments direct from Japan, Switzerland, California and more. To provide guests with the ultimate global spa experience all under one roof, the team behind Cottonmill Spa travelled the world to research, sample and import the experiences to the UK.
From Alpine infinity pools and German thermal baths to hillside medi-spas, Himalayan wellness retreats and Moroccan riads to Japanese sleep pods and cliff top Californian spas, Cottonmill has taken inspiration from around the world to create a world class facility combining relaxation, connection with nature and restoration of the senses.
Book the Two Night Club Rendezvouz package which includes:
- Two night’s accommodation
- 2 x 60 minute Premium or Classic treatments
- Three course dinner in The Restaurant one night
- Three course dinner in The Brasserie on other night
- Lunch in The Pantry on day of arrival or departure
- Use of all spa facilities including Cottonmill and The Club – Spa Gardens, Deep Relaxation Room, Whisper Room and Garden Room from 12 noon on arrival day to 11am on departure day, bedroom check in is from 3pm.
- A full and hearty breakfast buffet both mornings
- Robe, towel and slippers
Price from £649.00 per person (based on two people sharing)